Mary Davis Woodbury
- Born: 30 Nov 1818, Acworth, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- Marriage (1): Willis Straw on 30 Nov 1840 in Acworth, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- Died: 29 Nov 1892, Pittsburg, Coos County, New Hampshire at age 73
- Buried: Hollow Cemetery in Pittsburg, Coos County, New Hampshire
Cause of her death was general debility.
Mary was of Acworth but after she married Willis they moved to Dalton.
1870 Pittsburg, Coos County, NH
no listing for Willis
Mary D. 1819
John W. 1848
Lydia W. 1855
per 1880 census of Pittsburgh, Coos county, NH she is widow age 61 living in HH of son John W. Straw and family.
Name: Mary D. STRAW Age: 61 Estimated birth year: <1819> Birthplace: New Hampshire Occupation: Keeping House Relation: Mother Home in 1880: Pittsburg, Coos, New Hampshire Marital status: Widowed Race: White Gender: Female Head of household: John W. STRAW Father's birthplace: NH Mother's birthplace: NH
Henry Woodbury Family from History of Acworth, New Hampshire
From: email@example.com - Sharon FranklinSurname: WOODBURY
Source: History of Acworth with the Proceedings of the Centennial Anniversary,
Genealogical Records and Register of Farms by Rev. J. L. Merrill, Town of Acworth,
1869, Page 287
HENRY WOODBURY - born 1753- removed from Salem to Acworth, 1788 was the son
of Ebenezer Woodbury, the son of the second William mentioned in the preceding
genealogy, whose ancestors came from Wales, in 1628 and settled in Beverly,
Massachusetts. His brothers and sisters were Ann, Hannah, Ebenezer, Elizabeth, John,
Hezekiah, Lydia, Abigail, Mary and Andrew. Andrew- married Eunice Woodbury, 1775 -
children,I. Eunice - married Benjamin Chatterton (see Chatterton family).
II. Jonathan - died young.
III. Ebenezer - married Abigail Himes (see Himes family), removed to Middlesex,
Vermont - children, 1. Theda 2. Henry 3. Mindwell 4. Roswell
5. Joseph 6. Polly
IV. Lydia - married Thomas Clark (see Clark family).
V. Jesse - married Lucy Critchet - residence Unity.
VI. Betsey - married Durin Tinker (see Tinker family).
VII. Edward - married Dorcas Thornton (see Thornton family), 1812 - children,
1. William C. - married Cornelia Stebbins (see Stebbins family) - children,
(1) Mary E. (2) Willie S.
2. Charles M. - married Louisa G. Currier (see Graham family), 1842 -
children, (1) Charles E. (2) William L.
(3) Ellen L.
3. Mason M. - married Mrs. Betsey M. Archer (see Graham family), 1865 -
children, (1) Edward
4. Isaac - married Mary G. Brooks (see Brooks family), 1853.
5. Jacob - married Maria M. Davis (see Davis family), 1855- children,
(1) Frank E. (2) William - (twin) - died young.
(3) Charles I. (twin).
VIII. John - married Hannah Davis (see Davis family), 1817 - children,
1. Mary - married Willis Straw, removed to Dalton - children,
(1) Amelia M. (2) Angelia L. (3) Alice A.
(4) John W. (5) Grace A. - died young
(6) Luke E. - died Young (7) Lydia W.
3. Jonathan - married Jerusha L. Stevens of Claremont. 4. Hiram
5. Lois - married Timothy Carwin - children,
(1) Dora A. - died young. 6. Lydia - died unmarried.
7. Doreas - married Nathaniel Wheeler - children, (1) Clarence
(2) Frank (3) Lois 8. Edward
9. H. Martin - died in army
.IX. Dolly - died unmarried.X. HannahXI. Lovina
ind A Grave Memorial# 29660524
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Birth: Alt. Birth, 1819.
Mary married Willis Straw, son of Samuel Straw and Mary Mason, on 30 Nov 1840 in Acworth, Sullivan County, New Hampshire. (Willis Straw was born in Mar 1812 in Grantham, Sullivan County, New Hampshire, died on 31 Mar 1870 in Pittsburg, Coos County, New Hampshire and was buried in Hollow Cemetery in Pittsburg, Coos County, New Hampshire.). The cause of his death was Not noted.